Here’s the Recap:
Chris Cerrone and Laci Urcioli are the hosts of The Chris Cerrone Show, which is a topped ranked business podcast specifically for entrepreneurs. I have interviewed Chris in the past and I bring him on for the second time, because I believe the 50th episode should be an opportunity for reflection. Chris and Laci open up on why they stopped their podcast, why they hated a section of their audience, and their inability to say no.
Full transcript available here. Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Covered:
- 02:25 – For this week's guest, I bring back Chris Cerrone and interview his co-host, Laci Urcioli, for the first time.
- 05:30 – This is the first time I've had a repeat guest on the show.
- 05:40 – Every 50 episodes should be an opportunity to reflect.
- 07:30 – Chris and Laci talk on why they stopped their podcast.
- 10:15 – Chris was getting tired of who he was becoming.
- 11:50 – Chris and Laci used that time off to become more knowledgeable on certain topics.
- 13:10 – The hosts never said no to outside projects and got overwhelmed.
- 15:15 – At the end of the day, Chris and Laci still love to podcast and are bringing back their podcast.
- 19:00 – Don't change the theme of your podcast just for your audience.
- 20:35 – One of the mistakes Chris and Laci made on their podcast was trying to please everyone.
- 24:55 – Despite not podcasting, Laci didn't want to leave the podcasting community.
- 25:55 – Chris started hating a section of his ‘audience' or pseudo-listeners.
- 28:15 – Laci received criticism from a listener that made her take a step back and look at what they were doing.
- 30:20 – Chris loves helping people, but he doesn't like it when they have ulterior motives.
- 39:55 – Laci talks about how hard it is to say no to people who need help.
- 43:20 – Laci doesn't want to see people getting scammed.
- 44:15 – Chris and Laci's show suffered because they were focusing too much on other people's projects.
- 51:30 – How will Chris and Laci prevent themselves from burning out this time around?
- 54:45 – The co-hosts just want to have fun and interview cool people.
- 58:55 – Anybody who says you're doing podcasting ‘wrong' has no idea what they're talking about.
- 01:03:00 – Chris talks about Aisha Tyler's podcast, Girl on Guy.
- 01:08:00 – The hosts are trying to be more humble and have more humility for their 2nd season.
- 01:09:15 – Chris talks about when he brought Laci on as a co-host.
- 01:10:30 – What has gotten the two hosts most excited about re-launching their podcast?
- 01:15:00 – Chris and Laci will always be honest with their audience about their journey.
- 01:16:15 – I hope you enjoyed that interview. Feel free to go to the Facebook page and give me your feedback. Let's start a conversation.
- 01:19:10 – Don't forget to rate and review the show on iTunes! Thank you!
The Cerrone Show
The Cerrone Show – Next Level Society
The Moth Org
How Do I Subscribe?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website