Here’s the Recap:
Have you ever found a note on the ground that was maybe meant for somebody else? Davy is fascinated by the origins of these notes, and has since created a magazine, and then a podcast, on uncovering the true meaning and stories behind these forgotten notes. Find out why Davy has such a fascination towards the lost note, on this week’s podcast!
What We Covered:
- 05:25 – How long has Davy been a writer?
- 07:55 – Are writers functioning alcoholics?
- 10:25 – People aren’t in podcasting to be millionaires.
- 11:05 – When did Davy first listen to podcasts?
- 18:25 – How did Davy distribute the magazine in the very early days?
- 20:15 – Were there any specific stories that really stood out to Davy?
- 25:05 – Davy asks me how I first got into podcasting.
- 34:40 – For the longest time, Davy was so curious as to who these people were that were writing these random stories and notes.
- 35:55 – As technology has evolved, you really have to be in a certain type of state to sit down and write a note.
- 40:45 – In the magazine, Davy and his team change the names and any other identifying info of the people who wrote these letters.
- 41:30 – How does Davy approach the people who have written these ‘abandoned’ letters after all these years?
- 43:20 – Davy talks about his parents.
- 48:50 – Davy talks about the story behind episode 6, Rent-a-Friend.
- 53:00 – What’s something Davy has changed his mind about recently?
- 54:45 – Davy will be recording one of his podcasts live!
Podcast Junkies Website
My Heart is an Idiot: Essays by Davt Rothbart
Found Magazine Website
Enjoying the Show?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website