Here’s the Recap:
This week I welcome to the podcast an expert in the art of interviewing and guest acquisition, podcaster Eric Hunley. Eric is the host of two major podcasts. Unstructured is a show where Eric leads dynamic yet informal conversations with an array of interesting guests and Portmanteau centers on the linguistic backstory of combining two commonly used words into a new word.
We discuss the amount of time Eric puts into his preparation, how he curates his questions and how being a host has pushed him outside of his comfort zone in life. We speak to the importance of having a sound relationship with both your guests and your audience as a podcast host. Finally, Eric shares his goals for his future in the podcasting landscape.
What We Covered:
- 01:25 – This episode is sponsored by Focusrite 2i2
- 07:08 – We learn how Eric got involved in the podcast industry
- 22:33 – What is Eric shares his unique approach to finding and attracting guests to his podcast
- 26:40 – The biggest fears Eric had overcame as a podcast host
- 27:25 – How Eric prepares for his guest and other secret tactics he utilizes
- 29:29 – Eric walks us through a typical interview flow
- 34:15 – Why researching your guest is so critical as a podcast host
- 43:50 – The important of building relationships with your audience and guests
- 45:14 – Eric’s motivation to continue his podcast and how he’s grown as a host
- 52:18 – Eric talks about his second podcast, Portmanteau
- 1:07:38 – How listeners can connect with Eric
Eric’s Instagram – @hunleyeric
Eric’s Twitter – @hunleyeric
Eric’s Unstructured Podcast
Eric’s Portmanteau Podcast
Podcast Movement Website
Never Split the Difference: Negotiating as if Your Life Depended on It
Enjoying the Show?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website