Here’s the Recap:
Harry welcomes to the show, professional podcast producer, editor and host, Jason DeFillippo. Jason is the co-host of Grumpy Old Geeks, a no-holds-barred show about the Internet and how it’s affecting our lives for good or bad. Since 1994, Jason’s launched hundreds of websites as either a programmer, designer or founder. Almost eight years ago, he pivoted from programming to full time podcast producer, editor, and host.
In this episode, Harry and Jason geek out over the podcast industry, how far they’ve both come as professional podcasters and what the future holds for the medium. Jason opens up about his journey as a podcaster, specifically how he’s honed his hosting skills and what inspired him to start Grumpy Old Geeks. He speaks to the work he did on the Art of Charm, the impact COVID- 19 had on podcast downloads and his feelings on dynamic ads and monetization.
What We Covered:
- 06:35 – Harry welcomes to the show Jason DeFillippo, who shares his podcast origin story and the impact Tim Ferriss had on his career
- 17:15 – Jason’s love of technology and the wave of new technology that has emerged
- 22:25 – The inspiration to start Grumpy Old Geeks and how Jason honed his hosting and producing skills
- 29:04 – The Art of Charm and what Jason learned about himself throughout his podcasting career
- 35:47 – The impact COVID-19 had on podcast downloads and monetization
- 43:05 – Why Jason continues to put out episodes of Grumpy Old Geeks
- 48:01 – The most misunderstood thing about Jason and something he has changed his mind about recently
- 51:20 – Jason’s issue with dynamic ads
- 55:41 – Harry thanks Jason for joining the show and let’s listeners know where they can connect with him
Podcast Junkies Junkies Facebook Group
Link to Podfest Expo Virtual Summit
Grumpy Old Geeks Podcast
Enjoying the Show?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website