Here’s the Recap:
In this Jesse Lawler Interview, we discuss how this app developer took his interest in nootropics to create a podcast called Smart Drug Smarts. He interviews (literally) the smartest minds around on the topic of neurology, brain health, and overall mind fitness. He’s a truly genuine and fun guy, and is having the time of his life.
Full transcript available here. Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Covered:
- 03:20 – How I met Jesse
- 04:30 – Abelard Lindsay and the Longecity forum
- 05:55 – Let the Zen Koans begin
- 08:40 – The origins of the Smart Drug Smarts podcast
- 11:05 – Was it easy or hard to get guests on the show?
- 14:20 – Where in the world is Jesse Lawler?
- 17:00 – Jesse has figured out my secret podcasting plan!
- 18:20 – Are there any challenges with the booking of his guests?
- 21:50 – Niche out enough, AKA The Long Tail
- 24:25 – Learning how to ask the tough questions of guests
- 28:15 – The importance of research prior to the interviews
- 31:40 – Jesse’s questions about the podcasting scene
- 38:35 – What is currently Jesse’s favorite nootropic?
- 41:20 – What does the future of brain technologies look like?
- 45:50 – Our increasing difficulty in cutting through the noise
- 48:20 – The history of the Racetam family of nootropics
- 50:05 – Testing hyper doses on experimental subjects
- 52:30 – Big plans in the future for the podcast this year
- 53:45 – Jesse’s WHY
How Do I Subscribe?
Shrink Dust is the fifth studio album by Canadian musician Chad VanGaalen. An artist who started with a few scattered independent releases, done mostly on homemade CDs with hand-drawn art. His latest release is out on Flemish Eye in Canada and Sub Pop in the United States. “Frozen Paradise” is a nice intro to an artist blending major songwriting mojo with minimal electronic flourishes. – Frozen Paradise -Cedar & Soil
BAND NAME: Facebook | Twitter | Website
If you have artists you’d like us to feature, let us know: email@example.com.
Music Curated by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website