Here’s the Recap:
Matt Marr is the host of The Dear Mattie Show and the co-founder of Camp Brave Trails. With a Masters in Clinical Psychology, Matt discusses some interesting topics on this week’s show. Matt explains his two main driving forces — the critic and the muse — and how these two often contradict each other. He also discusses the five kinds of emotions he wants his audience to feel, and why that’s such an important piece to his brand.
What We Covered:
- 02:50 – Both Matt and I will be at Podfest this year!
- 06:20 – I talk about the time I Interviewed Danny Peña, from Gamertag Radio, at the CBS studios.
- 07:15 – Matt was able to meet Aisha Tyler last year.
- 09:55 – Matt would ‘shit glitter’ if Aisha came on his show
- 10:15 – Matt asks me if I like Whiskey.
- 10:50 – How did Matt become one of the MCs at the PM Talks at Podcast Movement?
- 12:20 – Espree Devora has got her shit together, and it blew Matt away when he first met her.
- 19:20 – Matt used to volunteer for The Trevor Project, which is a suicide hotline for LGBT youth.
- 21:35 – What has Matt’s podcast journey been like so far?
- 30:00 – Matt explains the difference between the critic and the muse.
- 32:00 – Apparently, during the first 7 years of life, children can not tell the difference between reality vs. fantasy.
- 34:15 – Matt asks me what I think is the one overriding factor that keeps people passionate about podcasting?
- 36:25 – What do you do when people, whom you don’t really know, ask to be on your podcast?
- 40:00 – Matt believes people who hate the word ‘branding,’ actually don’t understand what it is.
- 47:45 – Matt talks about his camp, Brave Trails.
- 52:10 – You get the most out of a conversation just by listening.
- 52:35 – Matt recommends podcasters take an impromptu class.
- 55:40 – Maybe for the next Podcast Movement, Matt’s talk should be about impromptu?
Podcast Junkies Website
The Dear Mattie Show Website
Brave Trails Website
Espree Devora Website
We Are LA Tech Website
The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
Enjoying the Show?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website