Here’s the Recap:
Mocean Melvin is one of the creators for The MoShow Podcast. The MoShow is an off-the-cuff comedy podcast that will either seriously offend you or have you rolling on the floor laughing. The MoShow only publishes one or two shows a month due to the high-quality content that gets produced. Mocean talks on why he and Dominic Zunino created the show, the great minds involved in writing the podcast, and he also talks on the growth of women in the voice over industry and 60s/70s audio comedy troops.
What We Covered:
- 08:00 – Where's Mocean from?
- 13:50 – How did The MoShow Podcast get started?
- 21:35 – Creating a quality podcast is hard.
- 30:00 – The MoShow is a place where the creators can go out of their very PC world and be hilariously vulgar.
- 31:30 – Who are the core people involved in MoShow?
- 35:00 – What makes a great voice actor?
- 37:00 – Mocean talks about the movie In a World.
- 39:30 – What's it like for women in the voice over industry currently?
- 44:00 – Mocean talks about Episode 113 – Stinky Dinky.
- 47:40 – Why does Mocean want to use the season format for his podcast?
- 49:50 – The podcast has a high level of professionalism.
- 52:30 – There were a lot of audio-only comedy troops in the 60s and 70s.
- 56:25 – Mocean's dad was the one who introduced him to these fantastic comedy shows.
- 01:04 – No matter how great your voice is, you have to train it.
- 01:09 – Where does Mocean's name come from?
- 01:13 – Create what you want to create first. Don't create for others.
- 01:14 – Most misunderstood thing about Mocean?
The MoShow Podcast
In a World… (2013)
I Know That Voice (2013)
The MoShow Podcast – Episode 113 Stinky Dinky
Lord Buckley Website
Dan Carlin Website
Joe Frank Website
Enjoying the Show?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website