Here’s the Recap:
Nick Seuberling is the founder of SPNT.TV and the Executive Producer for the Inside the Jungle podcast, a sports podcast about the Cincinnati Bengals. Nick is also the co-host for the Podcasters' Group Therapy podcast, a support group for podcasters. Nick started his sports podcast in 2010, but he's always had a passion for talk radio and sports ever since he was a kid. Nick and I talk on how he got started, his success with Patreon, and how his super fans keep him going.
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Covered:
- 08:55 – Nick just celebrated his 5 year anniversary for his podcast.
- 10:55 – Why is meeting the fans important?
- 13:15 – Having a small, but dedicated super fan base is just awesome.
- 15:45 – Was Nick always a fan of talk radio?
- 16:40 – Nick launched his first podcast in 2005 and it was recorded by cellphone.
- 20:15 – It's better to niche down and narrow your focus when it comes to podcasting.
- 21:30 – How does Nick manage 3-4 co-hosts?
- 23:00 – What was Nick's first sports memory?
- 29:35 – How did Podcasters' Group Therapy get started?
- 33:25 – How does Blab help podcast shows?
- 39:40 – Engagement is key to podcast growth.
- 42:45 – What's Nick's success towards Patreon?
- 45:55 – What other ways does Nick monetize his podcast?
- 49:05 – Remember, it doesn't hurt to ask.
- 52:50 – Nick talks about the other Bengals' podcast.
- 59:00 – What was Nick like as a kid?
- 01:02 – What has sports taught Nick? Always give it your best, always give it your all.
- 01:04 – Who inspires/mentors Nick?
- 01:06 – It took Nick 12 years to get his first radio gig.
- 01:11 – What's gotten Nick excited in the next year?
- 01:14 – Look out for International Podcast Day on Sept 30th.
Podcast Junkies Website
Podfly Podcast Junkies
Cincy Jungle Podcast
Podcasters Group Therapy
Patreon – Nick Seuberling
Nick Seuberling TwitterInternational Podcast Day
How Do I Subscribe?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website